Throughout the day, emphasis is “hands on” and you will be given the chance to handle and fly many different species of raptors.
The day begins with a tour of the Eagle Lawn that is home to 30 birds of prey. You will get hands on straight away while flying a small falcon, Chilean Blue Eagle, Common Buzzard and a Melanistic Barn Owl in our flying arena. There will be a break to watch the 11:30am flying display, we will then move to our Experience Day Lawn where you will get an up close encounter with a lovely White Faced Owl, Aplomado Falcon, Red Footed Falcon, Makinders Eagle Owl and the amazing little Brazilian Pygmy Owl.
The day includes a Vulture Encounter! You will get the chance to handle and fly one of our incredible vulture species. While flying our amazing vultures the staff will give you an insight into the vulture world and also explain about the critical conservation work the centre is taking part in due to the declining numbers in the wild of certain vulture species.
The Falconry staff will be on hand to ensure you have an enjoyable and special day at the Centre. (approximately 10 different birds will be used but birds may be upgraded due to weather conditions and the centre’s commitments)
- This experience costs £60 per person.
- Your day begins at 10.30am and finishes in time for the 1.30pm display which you are welcome to stay and watch.
- Age restriction applies from 13 years upwards including Spectators.
- Up to 6 people will be able to interact with the birds on this experience.
- Due to the physical nature of this experience, you must be able to hold 5lb in weight in your left hand unassisted and be able bodied.
- Up to two spectator can accompany each person taking part on the day. Spectator admission is £19 and can be purchased online or on the day of your visit.
- Vouchers are non-refundable.
- Vouchers can be transferred to another person.
- Vouchers may be exchanged for a different experience. If the experience you are exchanging it for is a higher cost, you will be required to pay the difference. If the experience is a lower cost no refunds will be given.
- Experience Days are weather dependant. TBOPC will reschedule the experience if the weather is not suitable.
- TBOPC Camera Policy is still to be followed.
Please note that you will recieve a gift voucher by post and that the experience days all need to be pre-booked by calling 01845 587522 during the centre opening hours.