This is a half day experience involving up to 7 vultures. You will get the chance to handle, fly and feed these incredible species. On your experience our staff will give you an insight into the vulture world also explain about the critical conservation work the centre is taking part in.
Straight away you will meet some of our amazing vultures. You will be given a safety talk and told what to expect. You will then get the chance to handle and fly some of our smaller vultures. We will then stop for the 11:30am display, giving you the chance to see some of our other amazing birds free flying. After the display we will then meet the larger vultures. Final part of your experience is to get a vulture eyes view of a vulture feeding session. The experience will finish in time for the 1:30pm display
The Falconry staff will be on hand to ensure you have an enjoyable and special day at the Centre.
Here are some the vultures you will meet on your experience.
Palm Nut Vulture
White Backed Vulture
White Headed Vulture
10:15 for a 10:30 start. The experience will finish in time for the 1:30pm display
Over 16s only including spectators. (Spectators £15 per person)
Available Dates so far:
Sunday 3rd April 2022 – Fully Booked
Saturday 7th May 2022
Saturday 4th Jun 2022 – Fully Booked
Sunday 3rd July 2022
- This experience runs on selected dates and a date must be pre-booked.
- Up to 5 people will be able to interact with the vultures on this experience.
- Due to the physical nature of this experience, you must be able to hold 8lb in weight in your left hand unassisted and be able bodied.
- Up to one spectator can accompany each person taking part on the day. Spectator admission is £15.00 and can be purchased online or on the day of your visit.
- Vouchers are non-refundable.
- Vouchers can be transferred to another person.
- Vouchers may be exchanged for a different experience. If the experience you are exchanging it for is a higher cost, you will be required to pay the difference. If the experience is a lower cost no refunds will be given.
- Experience Days are weather dependant. TBOPC will reschedule the experience if the weather is not suitable.
- TBOPC Camera Policy is still to be followed.