Your day starts at 10.30 when you will be met by our team of handlers and introduced to the equipment and how to handle the eagles safely, you are then taken onto the eagle lawn to meet the stars of your experience
Throughout the experience, emphasis is “hands on” and you will be given the chance to handle and fly different Eagles. We start with a smaller bird to ensure you are comfortable with the experience, we then start flying a selection of eagles from around the world, working are way up to the magnificent Bald Eagle. (some birds may be upgraded due to weather conditions and the centers commitments)
The team for 2021 will be a Common Buzzard, Bateleur Eagle, African Fish Eagle, Female Steppe Eagle, White Tailed Eagle, Golden Eagle and Bald Eagle. You will also get to meet the largest species of eagle, our Steller’s Sea Eagle’s, Hokkiado and Toruk. (as seen on The Yorkshire Vet TV Programme)
The Falconry staff will be on hand to ensure you have an enjoyable and special day at the Centre.
The experience will finish in time for the 1.30pm display which you are welcome to stay and watch.
- Age restriction applies from 18 years upward.
- Up to 6 people will be able to interact with the birds on this experience.
- Due to the physical nature of this experience, you must be able to hold 10lb in weight in your left hand unassisted and be able bodied.
- Up to one spectator can accompany each person taking part on the day. Spectator admission is £15.00 and can be purchased online or on the day of your visit.
- Vouchers are non-refundable.
- Vouchers can be transferred to another person.
- Vouchers may be exchanged for a different experience. If the experience you are exchanging it for is a higher cost, you will be required to pay the difference. If the experience is a lower cost no refunds will be given.
- Experience Days are weather dependant. TBOPC will reschedule the experience if the weather is not suitable.
- TBOPC Camera Policy is still to be followed.
Please note that the experience days all need to be pre booked by calling 01845 587522 during the centre opening hours.