This is a brand new half day experience involving a brilliant and unusual team of birds. You will get the chance to handle, fly and feed some incredible and different species.
Straight away you will meet some of our amazing birds. You will be given a safety talk and told what to expect. You will then get the chance to handle and fly some of our smaller birds such as Roo the Kookaburra, Ragnar the Raven and some of our smaller vultures.
We will then stop for the 11:30am display, giving you the chance to see some of our other amazing birds free flying.
After the display we will then meet the larger vultures. On your experience our staff will give you an insight into the vulture world also explain about the critical conservation work the centre is taking part in. Final part of your experience is to hand feed and interact with our beautiful White Storks.
The experience will finish in time for the 1:30pm display
The Falconry staff will be on hand to ensure you have an enjoyable and special day at the Centre.
Here are some of the birds you will meet on your experience.
White Necked Raven
Palm Nut Vulture
White Backed Vultures
10:15 for a 10:30 start. The experience will finish in time for the 1:30pm display
Over 16s only including spectators. (Spectators £19.00 per person)
Available Dates so far:
Saturday 20th July
Wednesday 11th September
Saturday 21st September
- This experience costs £135 per person.
- This experience runs on selected dates and a date must be pre-booked.
- Up to 4 people will be able to interact with the vultures on this experience.
- Due to the physical nature of this experience, you must be able to hold 8lb in weight in your left hand unassisted and be able bodied.
- Up to one spectator can accompany each person taking part on the day. Spectator admission is £19.00 and can be purchased online or on the day of your visit.
- Vouchers are non-refundable.
- Vouchers can be transferred to another person.
- Vouchers may be exchanged for a different experience. If the experience you are exchanging it for is a higher cost, you will be required to pay the difference. If the experience is a lower cost no refunds will be given.
- Experience Days are weather dependant. TBOPC will reschedule the experience if the weather is not suitable.
- TBOPC Camera Policy is still to be followed.